Tamaques Elementary School
Tamaques School, the only one of Westfield's six public elementary schools not named after a president or Revolutionary War leader, includes technology in all aspects of the school. This includes fully networked computers and multimedia capabilities in the library. The fifth graders coordinate school recycling programs and serve as recess buddies for first graders. The school's student council remains active with community service programs townwide.
The Parent Teacher Organization plans Family Fun Night, Math Night, cultural assemblies, plans food-free in-school birthday parties to promote healthy lifestyles, gives all students a Tamaques beach towel on their birthdays and has weekly town halls with the school principal. The principal of Tamaques Elementary School is Michael Cullen.
- Fax: 908-789-2566
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 438
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Middle States Association
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:14.5
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Grade levels: 1-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Infirmary, Library