On Feb. 11, the Westfield School Parent Teacher Council- Gifted Education
Committee will host a college tour seminar that will identify the key areas
parents and students should focus on when visiting colleges.
"We are very excited to bring this seminar to both parents and students in and around Westfield,” said Charlotte Lee, a member of the newly formed PTC-Gifted Ed committee. “We hope that this seminar will answer questions the audience may have and provide them with useful tools as they embark on the college application process."
“The College Tour...Where to go and what to do when you get there” seminar will
focus on the following topics:
• How to organize visits, e.g. timing and activities
• Best time to visit college for sophomore, juniors, and seniors
• Questions to ask during your visits
• How to tailor the visit based on your needs, e.g. athletics, performing or visual arts, special needs, etc.
• What to do when you are there
• College visit tools to help plan your trips efficiently
Additionally, the assembly will go over sizes, options and key areas
to consider when deciding on a college.
Gust speakers, Lisa Bleich, President, College Bound Mentor and Author of Surviving the College Application Process, Beth Cassie, Independent Educational Consultant, College Bound Mentor and Maureen Mazzarese, Director of Counseling Services, Westfield High School will be presentating during the seminar in Westfield High School’s Cafeteria B at 7:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Charlotte Lee at email@example.com.