Class is ideal for expectant parents, parents, babysitters, nannies, grandparents and anyone taking care of infants and children.
Description: This class is based on the American Heart Association Family & Friends Guidelines. By the end of the class, you will:
- Recognize the need for infant and child CPR
- Understand the common reasons an infant or child would stop breathing or become unresponsive
- Know the CAB's of Infant & Child CPR
- Know the symptoms of mild and severe choking in an infant and child
- Know choking maneuvers for an infant and child
- Know when to call for help
- Know what to do for a pregnant woman choking
- You're pregnant...how to save a choking child without hurting yourself
- Know how to take care of yourself if you're alone and choking
- Know adult CPR and compressions only CPR (Does not include hands-on practice)
- Understand what an AED is
Better understand SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) and the precautionary steps you can take for your child's safety.