Please be advised that the Westfield Regional Health Department has scheduled the following dates for seasonal Flu Inoculation Programs. These programs are open only to residents of Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield, Summit and Westfield. Proof of residency may be required. Participants will be taken on a first come/first serve basis.
There will be a $10 charge for all non-Medicare participants.
Thursday, October 11, 2012 Garwood Fire House
(6:00 PM – 7:30 PM) 415 South Avenue, Garwood, NJ
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 Fanwood Recreation Center
(6:00 PM – 7:30 PM) Forest Road, Fanwood, NJ
Friday, October 19, 2012 Summit Senior Housing
(1:00 PM—3:00PM) 12 Chestnut Ave., Summit, NJ
Monday, October 22, 2012 Chisholm Community Center
(6:00 PM – 7:30 PM) 100 South Springfield Ave., Springfield, NJ
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 Cranford Recreation Center
(3:30 PM—6:30 PM) 220 Walnut Ave., Cranford, NJ
**this clinic only open to children 9 & older**
Anyone that is Medicare Part B eligible must please bring their card to the program
CDC now recommends all individuals 6 months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot) especially:
- persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- residents of long-term care facilities
- persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre-school activity
- pregnant women
- health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged <6 months
For additional information, contact the Westfield Health Department at (908) 789-4070.