The Westfield area is under a winter storm warning from Thursday at 4 p.m. to Friday at 1 p.m. with anticipated accumulation of 6 to 8 inches, according to the Weather Channel.
Westfield Police Chief David Wayman issued a statement informing residents to remove all vehicles from the roadway to make way for snow plowing.
He added that parking on the following streets is prohibited during snowfall:
- Central Ave (entire length);
- Clark St (between W Dudley Ave & Edgewood Ave);
- E Broad St (between Mountain Ave & N Euclid Ave);
- Prospect St (between E Broad St & E Dudley Ave);
- W South Ave (between Westfield Ave & Central Ave);
- W Broad St (entire length).
To view this alert and additional storm alerts, sign up for the Westfield Police department's Nixle alerts. http://local.nixle.com/alert/5116315/
PSE&G has also issued the following precautions for the storm:
- Ensuring that all available personnel are ready to respond beginning Thursday.
- Arranging for contractors, including tree crews, to assist the utility’s own skilled workforce.
- Ensuring that additional supplies, such as poles, transformers and other pole-top equipment, are on hand.
- Ensuring that all vehicles are fueled and ready to go.
- Testing generators at utility locations.
- Coordinating with county and municipal emergency management personnel to inform them of outages and expedite restoration efforts.
There is also an option to speak directly to a customer service representative. If you have specific information regarding damage to wires, transformers or poles, speak to a representative to report that information.