.

Westfield Fire Chief Issues Message to Residents

Kelly reminds residents of safety procedures when using fuel-powered equipment.

Westfield Fire Chief Daniel J. Kelly issued the following message:

DO NOT RUN ANY TYPE OF FUEL-POWERED EQUIPMENT INSIDE OF YOUR HOME. THIS INCLUDES GENERATORS, GAS GRILLS, CHARCOAL GRILLS AND PORTABLE FIRE PLACES.

THESE APPLIANCES NEED TO BE RUN OUTSIDE OF THE HOME. ALL OF THESE APPLIANCES SHOULD BE A MINIMUM OF 15 FEET FROM THE HOME. 

RUNNING FUEL-POWERED EQUIPMENT INSIDE AN ENCLOSED STRUCTURE OR TOO CLOSE TO A STRUCTURE CAN LEAD TO CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING.

CARBON MONOXIDE IS A COLORLESS, ODORLESS GAS THAT IS LETHAL IN SMALL CONCENTRATIONS. MAKE SURE THAT THE BACK UP BATTERY IN YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS ARE WORKING PROPERLY. 

MAKE SURE THAT ALL FIRES INSIDE APPROVED WOOD BURNING STOVES AND FIREPLACES ARE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES. BURNING CANDLES NEED TO BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES. 

IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »