The cause of the that began late Sunday afternoon at South Avenue West caterers has been ruled undetermined, according to Deputy Fire Chief David Kelly who was at the scene Tuesday morning.
The fire, which gutted neighboring businesses including , , and began above the bathrooms at Clyne & Murphy's in the dining room, Kelly said.
"At this time we don't believe it was intentionally set," Kelly said.
The deputy chief noted that while the fire department has been unable to pinpoint a cause, they have been able to determine that it does not appear to be suspicious.
Despite the bright sunshine, the mood on South Avenue West was mournful as business owners expected to see their former establishments leveled by a bulldozer.
Plans to knock down the buildings was postponed for as further investigation by insurance companies continues.
Standing in front of the rubble that was once his livelihood, Matt Zaitz, owner of Unmasked, which opened 18 months ago, said he has been living "a nightmare" since Sunday.
"It's going to be a long few months," he said.
Bill Root, who has owned of the property on which the buildings stood for nearly half a century, was emotional at the sight of the devastation but said he hopes to rebuild on the site.
Sherry Cronin, executive director of the , said she wants to help business owners find new locations as quickly as possible.
Cronin also noted that while the situation is tragic, Westfielders are reaching out to one another in their time of need.
and XOcolatz have offered jobs to the staff at Clyne & Murphy, she said, as they did following the .
More than $6,500 had been raised overnight for Sound Station owners Bob Larsen and Liz Walsh through an online fundraising site http://www.indiegogo.com/helpsoundstation.