Click on the slideshow above for photos and read on for party-perfect recipes to make Super Bowl Sunday.
Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and deboned, pulled
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place cream cheese in microwave proof mixing bowl. Heat in microwave until soft and creamy, about 45 seconds.
- Add blue cheese dressing; stir until well combined. Reserve.
- Chop pulled chicken into 1/2-inch pieces. In large mixing bowl, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, and reserved cream cheese mixture; stir until well combined and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese and bake uncovered in a preheated 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips, homemade pita crisps, or fresh vegetable sticks.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (12 oz.) prepared pizza dough
- 6 Tbsp. cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Olive oil, as needed
- cornmeal for dusting
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 Tbps. melted butter
- 1/2 package (about 12 ounces) crispy chicken strips, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- On a lightly greased work surface, roll out or hand stretch pizza dough into a 10-inch x 14-inch rectangle. Place on a greased baking sheet sprinkled lightly with cornmeal. Spread pizza sauce evenly over pizza crust; top with 6 ounces shredded cheese.
- Prepare Buffalo sauce; combine cayenne pepper sauce and butter in a bowl and whisk to blend. Combine 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce and heated chicken strips in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice into 1-inch strips. Arrange on pizza crust; top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Remove from oven. Top with crumbled bleu cheese, chopped green onions and remaining Buffalo sauce. Slice pizza into 3-inch squares. Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing for dipping or drizzling, if desired.
Combine two party favorites into one amazing dish: Buffalo chicken and sliders. Top with blue cheese for a classic pub dish. You can substitute tortilla wraps for a lighter approach.Peanut Butter Candy Cookies
- 1 (15-ounce) roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 (9-ounce) package peanut butter chocolate candies
- Coat miniature muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Cut chilled cookie dough into nine (1-inch) slices; quarter each slice.
- Place one quarter in each section of muffin tin and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 minutes or until puffy.
- Remove from oven and place one unwrapped peanut butter cup on each partially baked cookie. Return to oven and bake another 2 to 3 minutes until chocolate is soft. Let cookies cool in tins for 5 minutes then remove from tins and cool completely on baking rack.
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup (4-oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp, stirring often. Remove from skillet and drain. Add garlic to skillet and sauté over low heat for 1 minute.
- Combine cream cheese and cream in food processor bowl or mixer and blend until smooth. Stir in bacon, garlic, crumbled cheese and green onions.
- Portion dip in medium baking dish; bake in preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts. Serve warm dip with kettle cooked potato chips.
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, broken up
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 batch chocolate glaze recipe
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together; place in medium bowl.
- In double broiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until well combined. Let cool.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually until a ribbon forms and color becomes very light. Add vanilla. Add cooled chocolate to egg mixture and beat on low speed until well blended.
- Remove from mixer and fold in sifted dry ingredients. Fold in pecans.
- Using a rounded teaspoon, drop batter onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, placing 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cookies will look cracked, light in color, and still very soft. When cool, spread cookies with chocolate glaze using a small off set spatula.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar strawberry preserves (about 1 1/4 cups
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, diced, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth; add sugar gradually until well blended, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter until combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough mixture into a greased 13"x 9" baking dish; spread evenly with strawberry preserves and top with dollops of remaining dough. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place baking pan on wire rack to cool and cut into 12 even squares.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cans (15-ounce) cannellini beans, drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans (4.5 ounce) diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, and dried red pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add oil to pan and sauté chicken approximately 5 minutes. Add onion mixture, beans, reserved liquid, broth, chiles and cream to chicken. Simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
More from Kitchen Daily
Bring the Homecoming Party Home With This Irresistible Spread
Slow Cooker Recipe: White Bean Chicken Chili
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.