- U.S. News & World Report has released its Best High Schools in New Jersey rankings.
- At the same meeting Councilman Timothy Hak .
- Clark Council also discussed drafting
- Cranford High School student Michael Wielgus and a close-knit group of friends have decided on a different approach to raising funds for the American Cancer Society outside of the annual Relay for Life. Their goal is to by raising awareness and money through the use of bright, purple toilets.
- With a name like , a lifelong resident of the township and a 2008 Cranford High School graduate, signed with the Atlanta Falcons following the National Football League’s Draft on April 28. He signed autographs before leaving town to join the team.
- The township cancelled two special committee meetings with candidates for retiring Cranford Police Chief Eric Mason late last week. Mason, after 35 years with the CPD, has been embroiled in controversy since the February 28 meeting in which township council unanimously approved Mason to take over as full-time administrator.
New Providence, Berkeley Heights, Mountainside
- at 11 p.m. at a garden apartment complex, located at 851 Springfield Avenue on the Summit border. Visit the story for a description of the suspect. Contact the New Providence Police with any information regarding the suspect at (908) 665-1111.
- in Patch's Readers' Choice Staycation poll this past week. The Trailside Nature & Science Center led the pack.
- A Scotch Plains woman was critically injured when Wednesday night and hit a tree.
- On Thursday morning, the Borough of New Providence held . The borough accepted a winning bid at 1.81 percent from Janney Montgomery Scott. Borough leaders credited the low interest rate to the borough's recent upgrade to a AAA bond rating.
- About 100 of residents sought answers from New Jersey environmental activists at a panel at Governor Livingston High School on Monday night about flooding near the Passaic River which impacts residents in On Tuesday night, , which will likely fall on the shoulders of the council.
- Jack L. Mohn, a longtime Scotch Plains-Fanwood History teacher and Scotch Plains resident died peacefully on Saturday, May 5, at the age of 83 at the Genesis Health Care Center in Westfield. You can read
- As part of a service learning curriculum, Terrill Middle School students learned the true meaning of community,
- In , Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School sophomore, Stephen Deduck was eager to highlight three of his favorite teachers at the high school including Mr. Tiedemann, who teaches U.S. History II, Mrs. Eryan (nee Wolf) - who teaches Economics, and Mr. Ryan, Freshman English. Deduck stated that Mr. Ryan was the "single greatest teacher he had ever had."
- late in the morning on a ramp off of Rte. 24 near the intersection of I-78 on Friday, May 11. The driver sustained minor injuries in the accident. Springfield Deputy Fire Chief Carlo Palumbo said that the truck rolled over when its load shifted as the truck took a turn on the ramp.
- On Sunday, April 29, the Dayton Softball team ran their for the Girl’s Recreation Softball league in Springfield. Sixty girls attending the clinic, which was geared for players ranging from 6 to 14 years old.
- At the May 8 Springfield Township Committee meeting, . were on hand to accept the award and urge the community to get involved with their fight against the deadly pregnancy disease.
- The bear was tranquilized and loaded into a truck to be released away from the suburbs on state land.
- Edison Intermediate School student Christian Panarese, born with spastic quadriplegia, is in need of a new wheelchair. 'An Evening of Dinner & Laughs' has been organized for Saturday, May 19 at to help offset the cost of the $49,000 chair.
- Keller Williams Realty associates of Westfield chose to “Give Where They Live” as part of RED Day on May 10, one of the biggest events in the real estate industry by collecting non-perishables food items for Holy Trinity Church's food pantry.
- Ed Menapace and Bill Curtis, co-owners of the Farmhouse Store, met with Martha Stewart and HGTV star Genevieve Gorder at the recent High Point Furniture Market in North Carolina. Stewart unveiled her new Martha Stewart Fine Furniture collection in the Miles Talbott showroom in High Point on Saturday, April 23.
- San Marzano Pasta Bar, located at 339 South Ave., enjoyed a soft opening this week before celebrating its official grand opening on May 18.