Invite a friend
Human Trafficking Seminar
January is national Human Trafficking Awareness Month. The Mission Commission of the Presbyterian Church in Westfield is sponsoring a seminar on Human Trafficking to be held on Saturday, January 19 from 9 AM to NOON in the Parish House Assembly Hall, 140 Mountain Ave, Westfield. The focus of the seminar will be on the local and global impact of human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Ryan Smith, Presbyterian Church (USA) liaison to the United Nations, will define what human trafficking is. He will discuss UN and PC(USA) initiatives and what we as communities, congregations and individuals can do to combat human trafficking. In preparation for the Super Bowl being held at the Meadowlands in 2014 and the resulting anticipated increase in human trafficking abuses, Assemblywoman Valerie Huttle, representative of the 37th
legislative district, introduced a bill in the State Assembly and Senate recently, which would strengthen the state law against human trafficking. Jennifer Holdsworth, Esq., Director of Policy and Communications in Assemblywoman Huttle’s office, will provide highlights of the bill and where it is in the legislative approval process. A representative from the Union County Prosecutor’s Office will share information on how law enforcement is combating
human trafficking. A light continental breakfast will be provided. There is no charge for the seminar, however, registration is required. Please phone the church office at
908-233-0301 or register online on the church website at westfieldpc.org. This seminar is open to the community
and promises to be an informative session.
More About The Presbyterian Church in Westfield
The origins of the parish dates back to 1728 when dozens of settlers in the area founded the church. The current church was built during the early part of the Civil War and dedicated in 1862.
The church offers weekly services and several congregational ministires and programs.
Other events here
- Presbyterian Church Bible Study Weekly on Fridays, 9:30 am–10:30 am
- Presbyterian Church Saturday Evening Service Weekly on Saturdays, 5:00 pm–5:50 pm
- 8AM Chapel Worship Service at PCW Weekly on Sundays,
- 10AM Sanctuary Worship Service at PCW Weekly on Sundays, 10:00 am
- Presbyterian Church Youth Ministry Meeting Weekly on Sundays, 5:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Weekly on Sundays, 6:30 pm
- Adult Improvisation Workshop Weekly on Mondays, 8:00 pm–9:30 pm
- Improvisation Workshop for Teens Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:15 pm–7:45 pm
- Westfield Symphony Orchestra Presents New Beginnings Sat, Jun 1, 7:00 pm
- Presbyterian Church Plans Vacation Bible Camp Daily, 9:00 am–12:15 pm