Divorce Guide Author Speaks at Westfield's Town Book Store Thursday
Beth Tiger, author of Rising From the Ashes of Divorce, will be signing books and talking to newly single men and women from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 21.
New Jersey resident Beth Tiger is the new author of Rising From the Ashes of Divorce. She will be signing books and talking to newly-single men and women at Town Book Store from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 21. The book, which offers helpful tips on how to thrive - not just survive - divorce - hit the bookshelves in May and has already topped the best-seller list.
"One out of two marriages ends in divorce. I went through the painful journey and learned a lot. As a life coach, I want to share ways to help people through one of the most difficult times in their lives," she says.
Tiger is a life coach and divorcee. She wrote her book after her own experience and created the “Flying Solo” workshop which she teaches throughout the country. She was in such high demand that she decided to write a book to help people work on the grieving process. Her book isn’t just a self-help book. Tiger calls it a “workbook.” There are tough questions, homework assignments, prayers and affirmations to use daily.
Tiger offers these five tips to surviving divorce:
1. Set up a Pro YOU network. Surround yourself with positive thinkers. Divorce groups or life coaches can be helpful if you focus your energies on being positive.
2. Practice loving yourself. When you love yourself, you make choices based on love instead of fear. And don't jump into the next relationship if you aren't "in love" with you.
3. Lose the story and learn the lesson. When you're stuck in your story of the past, you lose the present. You may have been cheated on and you may have been hurt, but release the anger and grief. It's empowering and the first step towards forgiveness.
4. Find five things each night to be grateful for. Gratitude and abundance attract both.
5. Forgive and release those who no longer serve you.
Rising From the Ashes of Divorce is available in select bookstores, barnes and noble.com, balboapress.com and amazon.com. The book has already topped the Balboa best-seller list. To learn more, go to www.bethtiger.com.
New York Times bestselling author Kathleen McGowan calls Rising from the Ashes of Divorce a “must read” for anyone going through a divorce.
“This book will help a newly single person on every level: spiritual, emotional, social and financial,” McGowan says.
Beth Tiger lives in Upper Saddle River with her blended family and is a life coach. Her wellness center, A Life Well-Lived, is located in Ramsey